What is Pilates?
Pilates is a mindful movement practice & effective exercise method that taps into our natural physical intelligence to strengthen, enliven, and revitalize our bodies. Playfully & thoughtfully cultivating a body that is both supple & strong enhances our capacity to meet the challenges of our busy lives. Whether you come to the work to recover from injury, train for a marathon or stay vital & healthy through pregnancy, individualized sessions… Private pilates session will (meet you right where you are & challenge you to new heights of health & fitness. Commit to a regular pilates practice and discover how it’s myriad benefits are reflected in the way you walk, the way you play, the way you work. The way you live your life.
Pilates is a movement philosophy and series of exercises designed to re-educate the musculature to bring physical harmony and balance to the body.
What Are The Benefits Of A Consistent Pilates Practice?
- Renewed vitality
- Increased awareness & function of deep joint stabilizing & core-support muscles
- Strong, supple, well-toned musculature
- Redistribution of body weight
- Reduce stiffness in joints & muscle aches
- Ease postural stress through dynamic alignment
- Hydrated, juicy fascial “cat suit”
- Enhaced athletic performance
- Increased self confidence
- Prevents injury
Who Can Practice Pilates?
Pilates is for everybody! No matter your age, body type or fitness level, pilates is a safe and effective whole body workout.
One on one sessions at finetune can be adapted & individualized to:
- Manage chronic low back issues
- Whole body cross-training for athletic endeavors
- Aid injury recovery
- Promote pre-natal health
- Address scoliosis, osteoporosis & poor postural habits
- Encourage a holistic approach to weight management
Will Pilates Strengthen My Core?
Yes, this is what pilates is known for & for good reason; pilates exercises strengthen the core muscles.
With that said, i would like to redefine the word core moving beyond its current limited meaning. Oy…
What Are The Advantages Of Taking Private Sessions?
The relationship that you build with your instructors. The time & attention of looking at your habits & movement